Client: Royal College of Art
Three boilers were outdated and in need of replacement, and so the RCA asked us to decommission, dismantle and reinstate power equivalent replacements
ACL Project Services were asked to take control of the job from start to finish, in which the services provided were:
- Surveying the site to assess risks and access
- Getting equipment and plant delivered to site
- Removing and decommissioning three old and redundant boilers
- Removing old pipework and remapping and installing new pipework
- Reinstating and commissioning new boilers in line with gas regulations
- Scrapping and disposing of waste as per our ISO 14001 specifications
- Providing a planned maintenance and monitoring regime
- Providing warranties for all applicable equipment
- Annual servicing
As the boilers were being installed on the top floor of the rear wing, the team had to organise access times and accessibility throughout the job to ensure restrictions were kept to a minimum.
The budgets and timescales given to us were adhered to and the boilers were installed with no hiccups.
All boilers were successfully installed and commissioned, working within both the budget and timescales given.