Client: The Science Museum – South Kensington, London
ACL Projects Services were approached by DEBA to help replace around 50 TMV’s within each of the lavatories throughout the building.
The team were responsible for the pre-planning and execution of the maintenance at hand. After discussing logistics, our work involved:
- Carrying out thorough risk and method statements for all lavatories
- Project planning to account for the scale of the installations
- The supply and installation of all necessary TMV replacements
- Associated pipework modifications to accommodate TMV’s
- Subsequent maintenance temperature monitoring of all replaced valves
- Creating a comprehensive asset list for all relevant equipment
With multiple complications in preparation – including the presence of children around the building – extra precautions had to be taken to ensure the project could flow safely and efficiently.
Milestones were agreed upon throughout each wing of the establishment so that there was a clear track of progress. Such planning meant that we could deliver a high quality and professional standard of service from start to finish.
The Projects Team delivered the service that was required and managed to keep well within both time restrictions and the tight budgets allocated.