We are a successful and expanding buildings services specialist with a wide range of clients in Greater London and the South East. We are continually looking for the right people to match the services we offer.
Current situations vacant
Job Title: Heating Engineer
We are looking for a committed individual to join our fast-growing company as a Commercial and Domestic Compliance Engineer in the South East Area.
The position involves servicing gas boilers and equipment, completing emergency call outs and carrying out quoted works. The role requires the individual to have excellent experience in commercial premises such as government buildings, utilities companies and commercial offices.
The successful person must be Domestic & Commercial Gas qualified.
They must be able to work under pressure, possess a flexible approach and be prepared to travel. They must be able to achieve the highest standards of customer service.
Previous experience with facilities/maintenance essential. The salary is £32,000 to £36,000, with the opportunity to work additional hours, a company van will be supplied.
- To undertake repair, servicing and installation of gas fired and oil fired boilers/appliances, in accordance to the current regulations, manufactures recommendations and industry standards.
- To undertake the commissioning of gas fired and oil fired boilers/appliances, in accordance to the current regulations, manufactures recommendations and industry standards.
- The installation, testing, purging and inspection of gas mains and oil lines, in accordance with current legislation.
- Service, inspection or repair of ancillary boiler plant i.e. gas boosters, oil pumps, oil tanks, gas meters, pressurisation units, F&E tanks, pumps, valves, safety devices, flues, ventilation and controls.
- Attend regular approved training centres to renew or add gas and oil cores to keep or improve Gas Safe and OFTEC registration.
- Produce reports following service visits along with any certification required.
- Provide customers with technical support or assistance.
- Give technical assistance for managers.
- Ensure all works/installations are carried out in accordance with the latest statutory regulations or manufactures requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all departments, ensuring a good working relationship for the benefit of the company.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and as such, ACL reserves the right to amend or add to it’s content periodically in order to reflect the changing requirements of the company’s business.
Key Performance Indicators
- Accurate and complete documentation.
- Conformance with applicable Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Efficient utilisation of resources.
- Work safely and efficiently keeping jobs to planned time & cost.
- GCSE Grade D or better in English Language & Maths
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3, or ONC building services
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- An experienced mechanical/electrical building services engineer, with current Gas Safe or OFTEC cores on commercial heating appliances.
- A working knowledge of boilers, controls and associated plant and systems, with a minimum experience of 5 years (to work along the side of engineer with key cores above).
- An understanding of plant/electrical drawings.
- Producing reports to go to managers, clients and customers.
- Understanding working within budgets.
- Computer Literate in Word, Excel, and any building services computer package software.
- Good interpersonal skills with staff and customers.
- A full clean K. driving licence.
To apply, please email you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org